Saturday, May 30, 2015

Triangle Scalloped Shawl

     

I made this easy and beautiful triangle shawl for my boyfriend's sister as a graduation present. I wanted to make her a small afghan, but I didn't have quite enough time for that so I decided to make this shawl instead. Once you understand the pattern, it works up really quickly. I only worked on it for a couple hours every day and it took me about 4 days to do. I also fell in love with the yarn I used. It took some effort to find the actual pattern. I went through Pinterest which led me to a blog post about the shawl, which then led me to a Ravelry post that linked to the original pattern which was not in English, but through that post, I found a link to a pdf pattern that had translated the pattern into English. Complicated, I know. So I am going to provide a link to the Ravelry post that includes the English translation, which you can find here




Hook: H (5.00mm)
Yarn: Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Tidal
Measurements: approx. 69 in. long, and 32 in. wide
       (Repeat pattern 11 times)
Finishing: This is the only part I did differently than the pattern. I simply did one row of single crochet along the longest side to give it a more finished look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment