Monday, April 27, 2015

Stash Buster Blanket

Over the last couple years, I have accumulated a TON of yarn. Like seriously a lot. Anyways, I was running out of places to store all of my yarn so I decided it was time to use some up. This blanket turned out super colorful and I absolutely love it.

I found a great example on Pinterest of a "stash buster blanket" (which you can find here) and decided to go for it. It's super simple - just rows and rows of V stitches, and then I added two rows of single crochets for the border. The short pattern I added here is not very specific, but that is because you can make this blanket however you want! Make it as small or as big as you want it, using any kind of yarn that you have lying around.

I used a wide variety of yarn, but mostly Caron Simply Soft.

H (5.00 mm) hook
Chain desired width of blanket
Complete V-stitches all the way across, switching colors with every row.
Continue until you reach the desired length
For the border, complete two rounds of single crochet.
Finish off, and you're done! 










No comments:

Post a Comment